COVID-19 Health & Safety Information
UPDATED: April 20, 2020
To our dear communities,
We at Pizza Nova have been working tirelessly to safeguard our employees and our customers alike, while continuing to offer our communities access to Pizza Nova products and services. It is important for us to keep you informed on our efforts and any changes that are taking place from day-to-day. In addition to offering CONTACTLESS delivery and pick-up, which you can learn more about here, we have recently implemented the following health and safety measures:
– Social Distancing: We've developed new guidelines so that employees and customers follow social distancing while in and around our stores.
– Only allowing 1 to 5 customers in a store location at a time (depending on customer area size)
– Instructing customers to stay a minimum of 2 metres or 6ft apart
– Installed tape markings to manage customer traffic and distancing
– Plexiglass Shields: So that both employees and customers can feel even more secure, plexiglass shields have been installed on the front counter, at the cash register.
– Employee Screening: We have implemented a new screening process for our employees. The presence of symptoms and general state of health is audited daily.
– Sanitation: In addition to our already strict everyday cleaning and sanitation procedures, we have further stressed a stricter checklist of sanitation steps to be completed multiple times per day, covering ALL areas of operation.
– Hours of Operation: We have reduced all of our stores' hours of operation. Please visit pizzanova.com to check your local stores' updated hours.
– Safety Seals: We are ensuring that label seals are placed on all of our boxes immediately after your food is packaged; another step to ensure no unnecessary contact is made with your food.
– Oven Temperature: Our pizzas have always been, and continue to be, baked in our ovens at 575-600°F to ensure food safety.
– 21st Annual That's Amore Pizza for Kids: After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to postpone one of our most beloved and anticipated charitable events, in support of Variety The Children's Charity of Ontario. We are continuously monitoring the current health crisis and are hopeful that we can provide an update on this important event soon.
– Frontline Contributions: We are proud to share that, to date, we have donated over 390 large or party size pizzas, 1000+ Focaccia and 240 jars of tomato sauce to hospitals, health-care facilities, nursing homes and foodbanks, with more to come! It's our humble way of saying THANK YOU to frontline workers that are devoting themselves to keeping us safe.
All of that being said, Pizza Nova will continue to commit the time and energy required to keep the health and safety of our customers and employees our #1 priority.
UPDATED: March 18, 2020
To our dear communities:
In accordance with Public Health Officials recommendations, our stores will remain open with regular hours for Pickup and Delivery service. Although we will be closing the dine-in services of our locations effective immediately, we recommend you pre-order by phone, online or with our APP. We remain diligent in our food handling and safety procedures so that we may continue to provide you with these services at our Pizza Nova locations. During these difficult times, we encourage, if possible, the use of tap for payment on delivery or pickup. This will further protect the health and safety of our customers, our people, our community.
We will continue to follow the guidance of our Public Health Officials and leaders and keep you posted as changes transpire through our social media channels.
We believe our community will only become stronger as we pull together with friends, family and colleagues and bear the days ahead. Thank you for your continued support during these trying times. Let's smile and take care of ourselves and loved ones.
Be well, Mille Grazie! (1000 thank you!)
March 13, 2020
The safety and well-being of our employees and customers is our #1 priority.
As we continue to monitor the current situation surrounding COVID-19, we wanted to share the steps that we are taking to ensure the safety of our communities, employees and customers that spend time in our restaurants. We have enhanced our advanced safety measures on the latest guidance of the World Health Organization, Public Health Agency and Ontario Public Health.
The actions we are taking include:
-Continue to reinforce our already vigorous standards and operating procedures for food safety, restaurant cleanliness and personal hygiene
-Working closely with employees, third party delivery drivers and our own network of drivers who have recently traveled to or through (or been in close contact with anyone who has visited) countries identified by the Public Health Agency of Canada with a health notice risk level of 1, 2 or 3, to self-isolate immediately for 14 days
-Reviewing all the major Pizza Nova events
-Reminding employees, third party delivery drivers and our own network of drivers to wash their hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds; usage of alcohol-based hand sanitizer that has been provided; avoid touching their face; if you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into their arm or sleeve; avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough; avoid close contact with people who are ill; stay at home if they feel unwell
-Encouraging our customers to use the “Tap” Option for payment
We are thankful for your understanding, trust and confidence in Pizza Nova as we continue to navigate these evolving circumstances. We are keeping everyone's safety top of mind.